Sunday, January 21, 2007

Reality Is Setting In...

I now have one week before I leave for probably the most challenging leg of my life's journey thus far. Over the past week and a half, I have tried to gather things together, get things in order for packing, and tie up some loose ends. I still have much to do this week...wish me luck.

This past week, I finished work. I am happy that I had the position that I did and I truly am going to miss my co-workers and many of the people our office serves (as quirky as they may be). It was always a gentle reminder that there are many worlds that exist beyond mine.

Throughout the week, there were constant reminders of how blessed I truly am. Additionally, I am amazed by so many people's generosity and support. For all of those who have given me gifts-whether it be material or other forms: advice, wisdom, or support, I am so thankful.

If you'd like to write me while I'm in Gambia, please reach me at the following address:

Stephanie Stawicki, PCV
US Peace Corps
PO Box 582
Banjul, The Gambia
West Africa

Specific mailing instructions will follow in a later post.

2 Comments:

Blogger SStanlick said...

I miss you already!!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger CCC4LIFE said...

Steph!! I miss you so much! The CCC is very proud of you & we can't wait til you come home. Good luck & be safe!

Love,
Travis
Regional Director, CCC

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home