Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Tobaski, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Before I head back to my village, I want to wish you all Happy Holidays! May you enjoy your time with loved ones and friends and know that I am thinking of all of you from afar and will miss you.

As for my holiday plans, I'll be celebrating the Muslim holiday of Tobaski (Tobaski info)on December 21 with host family and village. I will have a traditional African dress made (wrap skirt and matching top)and am excited to be having a nice party, with music and food. My host father has already purchased a ram. I just hope I'm MIA when my family goes to slaughter it. Travel throughout the country will be chaotic for the next week or so, and I've already begun to see rams (several) strapped to the roofs of gele-geles making the trans-Gambian journey.

For Christmas, I will be traveling West towards the Kombo area (but not entering Kombo)and will be staying with another PCV's Christian host family. There will be several PCVs there also celebrating. We will be eating bush pig (Muslims don't eat pork)and hopefully having some good Christmas cheer! As far as New Year's goes, I have no idea what I'll be doing, but it'll be worthwhile, I'm sure.

So for now, I wish you all a wonderful holiday season. I look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the New Year! Take care and all the best.

Love,
Stephanie

P.S. If you're sending me a letter, why not send me pictures too? I love receiving photographs from people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home