Monday, April 16, 2007

Waiting...Slowly, Slowly...

It's official...I'm now an official Peace Corps Volunteer. My days in Kombo have not ended just yet. For reasons that I can't explain here, my permanent site has changed. My new site is just that---new, so therefore, my house is not ready. I'm not sure when I'll be moving to my new site, but hopefully sometime this week.

Overall, I'm relieved my that my site has been changed and is now located farther up-country, which is kind of exciting and transport is readily available.

The rest of my group left yesterday for their sites and only three of us remain here as we wait for our various site issues to be sorted out. Although I'm excited and anxious to get to my village, I'm told by 'older' volunteers that I should enjoy this extra time while I can. My morning consisted of buying toilet paper and candy bars for fellow group members who didn't get to make such purchases when they were here. Their packages of TP will be sent to them during mail run. What a feeling of accomplishment these past few days (note the sarcasm). Later, I think I'll head to the beach to write letters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime Landes said...

yay! that's terrific Steph! Congrats on being sworn in!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home