Monday, April 16, 2007

Dream = Reality

Occasionally, I have moments here when I realize images of past dreams in my mind are now a reality. Yesterday, I had one of these 'moments'. In the afternoon, I decided to venture from my hostel to the big market in Serekunda. My mission: Find fabric! I walked 30-40 minutes along the busy road (because I wanted to and when I explore on my own, I do a better job of learning my way around). I tried to use my languages skills as much as possible. About 2 hours later, I was 12 metres of fabric richer and pleased with the adventure I had. Why?...because for so long I've envisioned myself walking an urban market somewhere in Africa, holding my ground, bargaining, conversing, and asking peope how they can improve their lives instead of them asking me when I can bring them to America. Yesterday, I did it. My dream was no longer an image in my head---it became a reality.

I'm livin' it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home