Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Good-bye Until July

I received word yesterday from my boss that I will most likely be moving to my permanent site tomorrow, April 26. While this is not entirely set in stone, I'm pretty sure I'll be out of the Kombo area by the weekend. If you email me and I do not respond, it's probably because I've left, but rest assured I'll write you back eventually.

I will not be back in the Kombo area until early July for our group's reconnect/in-service training that also nicely coincides with 4th of July celebrations that Peace Corps is having for us. There is a rumor, however, that I may have access to the Internet at my friend's site, which is within a sizeable biking distance from my site. If this is true, then you may hear from me before July.

If you're interested, check my blog periodically and if you so desire, you can give snail mail a whirl! (You really have no idea how happy snail mail makes me.) I intend on writing lots of letters while I'm in my *now* 2 month challenge, so check your mailboxes!!!

I know I end my postings with cheesey thank yous more often than not, but I really can't thank everyone enough for your continued interest (my parents keep me updated and tell me that a lot of people have been asking how I'm doing) and your continued thoughts and prayers. Also, when you drink a cold drink, add a few extra ice cubes for me as my guilty pleasure over the next two months will be my trek to the bitiko to buy a lukewarm Sprite for 15 delasi.

Lots of love!

Stephanie
(wearing sunblock every day since February 1st)

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn said...

Stephanie,
I just read your blog and your e-mail to the church. I can't tell you how much I admire you and what you're doing. I know you will make a real difference in peoples' lives.
Take care of yourself.
Grace and peace,
Glenn

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home