Saturday, April 21, 2007

Oh Lord, Won't You Buy Me a (Gutted-Out) Mercedes-Benz (Van)?

Have you ever ridden in a gutted-out Mercedes-Benz van (geleh-geleh) with an old woman carrying a live chicken by its feet, a six year-old girlwho is puking because of motion sickness, and a driver who cannot go over 45 km at any moment because the road consists of 30 year-old asphalt that has eroded and is now riddled with potholes and red earth? You say you haven't?!? Then come visit me in The Gambia (this description entices you, right?), and I'll take you for a geleh-geleh ride! My trip, which was no more than 250 km, took two days (with a 5 hour journey each day) on 3 different geleh-gelehs total. Are any of my friends that are civil engineers currently looking for a project? I may have one for you.(Just kidding, The Gambia is working on it...slowly, slowly.)

In any case, I'll put a picture up of my experience soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home